1.1. The Landshare facility, including the services we offer through it, (“Landshare”) is owned by KEO films.com Limited (“KEO”, “we” or “us”). We make Landshare available through a variety of channels, including the website at www.landshare.net and the i-phone app. For more information about KEO, please click here.
2. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
2.1. The information collected on Landshare and the way this is used includes the following:
On registration to join the Landshare community, we collect
· Your e-mail address – this is not displayed publicly on Landshare. We use this information to:
Ø manage and communicate with you about your access to, or use of, Landshare, as well as to inform you of updates to your account on Landshare. Examples include notification from us when: (i) you receive a response to your listing; (ii) when a comment had been made on your blog or on a forum thread that you have created; or (iii) updates have been made to the content you are following. You can choose whether or not to receive these e-alerts by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on any of the e-alerts sent to you or by changing your contact preferences in “My Stuff - My Profile – Account Details” on the website;
Ø ask you about your Landshare successes (e.g. if you have made a match, what size area are you growing on, if you are a novice grower or not, how much you eventually grow). Any responses to such requests will be purely on a voluntary basis;
Ø reply to any correspondence sent to us;
Ø allow you to participate in discussion forums and post content to Landshare;
Ø send you newsletters from time to time about special offers and giveaways on products or services that are closely connected to Landshare. If you wish to stop receiving these newsletters, you can do so at any time, by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of each newsletter that we send you or by changing your contact preferences in “My Stuff - My Profile – Account Details” on the website; and
Ø for any other reasonable purposes related to Landshare or your membership.
· Your username – we ask you to provide a username by which you can be identified publicly. Please note that your username should not feature your last name or contain any other personal information that could be used to identify you (e.g. your address). We reserve the right to reject usernames that are offensive, defamatory or otherwise unsuitable.
· Your general location and postcode - these will be publicly shown as a pin within the Landshare map application if you opt-in to showing your location on the map by ticking the relevant box on the sign up page. Look at this page to see what the pins on the map are likely to look like. We use this information to:
Ø serve you with content that is most relevant to your location;
Ø help other users in your area easily find you;
Ø enable Landshare members to form groups in their local areas and display information about local events;
Ø enable Landshare members to search for members or listings by location and postcode.
Please note, you can opt out of your postcode being shown on the map if you choose or you can move the pin to a nearby location with which you feel more comfortable.
· Any personal information you choose to include in the ‘description of yourself’.
This information might include your photo or any personal information you otherwise voluntarily disclose. This information is used:
Ø to populate your profile and is viewable by other users of Landshare, so please be careful about what you include. Don’t publish your phone number, address or other such information here; and
Ø to facilitate interaction between members.
· If you access Landshare through the iPhone app, then in addition to the information above, you will be asked whether you would like to permit your location to be recognised via geo-location technology on your iPhone. If you decide to provide this information, we will use it to:
Ø serve you with content that is most relevant to your location;
Ø enable Landshare members to search for members or listings by location;
Ø populate the ‘LandSpot’ map with photographs you may take using your iPhone, showing on the map the location where you took the photograph.
If you choose to register using Facebook Connect (or any other authentication provider), we are furnished with profile and photo data about you through their application programming interface (API). We use this to create your account and allow you to interact with Landshare. By clicking on the authentication providers’ link, you are consenting to share this information with us.
If you post information during use of Landshare, we collect:
· any other personal information you choose to disclose during your use of Landshare. Examples include when you update your profile, post a listing, upload a photo, upload a video, share a link, create an event or a group, make a comment, write a blog, send someone a message or otherwise engage in the Landshare community. This information is viewable by other users. We use this information to:
Ø enable you to engage more fully with the Landshare community;
Ø enable other members to search for you and communicate with you; and
Ø enable other members to provide you with feedback.
If you use the ‘Tell a friend’ e-mail facility, we collect:
· your friend’s name and e-mail address. We will not use these details for any purpose other than to e-mail your friend.
If you use the ‘Let’s Grow’ feature and join a group, we collect:
3. HOW ELSE MAY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
4. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We do not sell or rent your personal information. We may, however, disclose information about you to the following, for the express purposes set out below:
if you register with Landshare:
§ to our employees and agents for them to administer any accounts or services provided to you through the site. e.g. the sending of e-alerts on our behalf or the e-mail a friend facility;
if you post content:
§ as a member you are publicly identified to other users of Landshare by your username. We therefore recommend that you do not use your real name as your username or provide any other personally identifiable information on the publicly viewable site, like your name or contact details;
§ we may display some information that is publicly available on Landshare, on third party websites that are closely connected to the Landshare project and wish to embed Landshare activity. So, by way of example, user generated content such as forum thread titles, latest questions and answers and listings would be displayed on such third party sites with a link back to Landshare. To the extent that usernames or personal information is included in that user generated content on Landshare, it may be displayed on such third party sites. So for example if a listing included a username or a member’s photo, that information may also be displayed on the third party website. Just to be clear, this information will be embedded on any such third party website as a link. We will not hand over that information to the third party website;
§ we may display some information that is publicly available on Landshare in the regular newsletters that are emailed to all registered users on the Landshare mailing list.
transfer of business:
4.1. Apart from the use and sharing of your personal information in the limited circumstances already described, the only ways we may share your information are if we need to disclose personal information to protect our and our licensors’ rights and property or to comply with any applicable law or valid legal process.
5. USING INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER Landshare MEMBERS
5.1. Once you decide to enter into an arrangement with another member, you may share personal information with each other in order to discuss and/or complete your arrangement. This information may include your name and contact details. Please read out Code of Conduct for tips on safety and don’t give any personal information to anyone until you are confident that it is safe to do so.
6. aggregated information
6.1. We may share non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to Landshare and traffic patterns with third parties, such as such as HFW Interactive Ltd, the operators of www.rivercottage.net. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity; it just gives generalised information about the users of Landshare.
Cookies and log files
7.1. While on Landshare, certain information is automatically logged about how you are using Landshare. This information may include the URL of the website which linked you to this site, your IP address and the pages you visit while on Landshare. The IP address indicates the location of your computer on the internet. IP addresses are not used to track your session and are not linked to anything personally identifiable.
7.2. Like many websites we may use a feature called a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. It allows us to recognise you as a user when you return to Landshare using the same device and web browser. We use the cookies (including some provided to us through Google Analytics) and other automatically tracked information to:
- Store login details. For example, user authentication when you log in
- enable you to move more easily around Landshare
- track visitors to Landshare to analyse performance and usage of Landshare, in order to develop Landshare in accordance with visitors’ requirements;
7.3. You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. You can set your internet browser so that it will not allow cookies to be stored on your device. This may reduce functionality of Landshare and may mean that certain features or content will not be available to you. Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your device can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org under the 'manage cookies' section. Alternatively go to the help menu within your internet browser.
9. HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
9.1. As required by the UK Data Protection laws, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access. In particular, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encode your password. SSL encrypts your password as it travels through the Internet. Encryption creates billions of code combinations to protect each transaction made on the website, so your password cannot be viewed by anyone else using the internet. Despite using this technology, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you disclose to us. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing on-line and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
9.2. If you have any concerns about security, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Editing your settings
10.1. You can edit your settings on the ‘My Profile’ page on the Landshare site:
· to prevent your postcode from being used to identify your location on the Landshare map;
· to prevent other members from contacting you through our internal communications systems.
10.2. You can click the unsubscribe link:
· included in any e-alert received from us, to stop receiving e-alerts from our site. These e-alerts notify you when any update is made to Landshare which relates to you. For example, when you receive a response to your listing, when a comment had been made on your blog or on a forum thread that you created or when updates are made to content you are following; and
· included in any newsletter received from us, to stop receiving Landshare newsletters.
11. accessing and UPDATING your personal INFORMATION
11.1. You can access and edit information provided in your Profile, listings and blogs. You cannot edit comments made to the forum, questions or answers or comments made to other users.
your right to see your personal information
11.2. Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of Landshare or through any communications that you have had with us. You will need to provide us with a written request and pay a small fee. If you have any queries about your right or wish to make such a request please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by post addressed to the Data Protection Officer, KEO Films.com Limited, 101 St John St London, EC1M 4AS
12. TRANSFER OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE EEA
12.1. Your personal information may be transferred to, stored at, or processed at a destination outside the EEA.
12.2. By submitting your personal data to this site, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
13. CONTACT US
13.1. Landshare is owned by KEO Films.com Limited, a company incorporated in England, whose registered office address is:
101 St John St London, EC1M 4AS
Our registered company number is 3138064
Last updated 14th July 2010